Links of Interest
Guest Speaker's Websites
- some links below require you to be logged in to Gateway to access
Links to Interesting Websites
Brook Mathewson's Locations from his talk at Gateway
- Mt. Auburn Cemetery (photograph Yellow Warblers and other warbler species)
- Trustom Pond in Rhode Island (Blue Birds)
- Beaver Ponds (Hooded Mergansers)
- Ninigrit Pond wildlife refuge, South Kingston, Rhode Island
- Moonstone Beach, Green Hill, RI
- Pondisherry Wildlife Refuge by Crawford Notch, New Hampshire
- Beaver Tail (Rhode Island Scooters)
- Plum Island (Harlequin ducks)
- Sachuest in Rhode Island has (Harlequin ducks)
Flower Tripping Locations
- Acton Arboretum, Taylor Rd, Acton, MA http://www.actonarboretum.org/
Berkshire Botanical Garden - Stockbridge MA. May 1 - Columbus Day - https://berkshirebotanical.org/visit-us/hours-and-admission/
- Blithewold Mansion Gardens & Arboretum · 101 Ferry Road (Rt. 114) · Bristol, Rhode Island 02809 - http:// www.blithewold.org/
- Boston Public Garden, 4 Charles St. Boston, MA02146, City of Boston Parks Dept at cityofboston.gov. Free, The Parks and Recreation web page lists 8 other parks including Emerald Necklace, Arnold Arboretum, and more.
- Botanical Garden of Smith College - Northampton, MA. Some is outside, some inside. Small. If out that way can tie in with visit to Smith College Art Museum. https://www.smith.edu/garden/
- Bridge of Flowers - Shelburne Falls, MA - The Bridge is open for the Season April 1 through October 30 - http://www.bridgeofflowersmass.org/
- Buttonwood Farms - 473 Shetucket Turnpike; Griswold, CT - http://buttonwoodfarmicecream.com/sunflower- wishes/ - Sunflowers - July 23 – 31 2016
- Elizabeth Park Conservancy - 1561 Asylum Avenue, West Hartford CT 06117 - http://elizabethparkct.org/ rose-garden.html
- Elm Bank - 900 Washington Street (Rt 16) in Wellesley, MA https://www.masshort.org/gardens-at-elm-bank Admission fee but free for members.
- Fuller Gardens, 10 Willow Ave., North Hampton, NH http://www.fullergardens.org/
- Garden in the Woods - 180 Hemenway Road • Framingham, MA - http://www.newenglandwild.org/
- Long Hill - 572 Essex Street, Beverly, MA 01915 - http://www.thetrustees.org/places-to-visit/north-shore/long- hill.html
- Lyman Estate, 185 Lyman St Waltham,Ma, 02452, Fee, Spring Herb Sale May 6-8, www.historicnewengland.org/historic-properties/homes/lyman-estate/lyman-estate , 9am-5pm
- Minuteman Visitors Center - Small garden. I can't find a link to this. but there is a small garden that holds mostly Iris and Peonies - blooms in June. Next to the Minuteman Visitors Center in Concord - 174 Liberty St., Concord, MA maybe. https://www.nps.gov/mima/index.htm#
- Naumkeag - Stockbridge MA When to Visit: Open weekends April 2 to Memorial Day, 10AM to 5PM. Open daily Memorial Day to October 31, 10AM to 5PM. http://www.thetrustees.org/places-to-visit/berkshires/ naumkeag.html
- Northampton Community Gardens, 51 Prince St., Northampton, MA https://nohogarden.org/
- Tower Hill Botanical Gardens - 11 French Drive, P.O. Box 598, Boylston, MA - http://www.towerhillbg.org/
- Wellesley College Botanic Gardens,106 Central St, Wellesley MA 02481, www.wellesley.edu/wcbg/ our_gardens 781-283-3094, Grounds open every day dawn to dusk , Greenhouses 8am-4pm ,M-F during the academic year(will be undergoing renovations)
- Wicked Tulips Flower Farm - 90 Brown Ave Johnston RI 02919 - http://www.wickedtulips.com/ - May or while tulips last.
The following allow photography even with tripods but do check.
- Russells Garden Center 397 Post Rd. Wayland, MA 01778, 508-358-2283,9AM-7PM. russellsgardencenter.com
- Mahoneys Garden Center (several locations) Boston Post RD(RT20) Wayland,1625Sudbury RD, Concord,MA, Western Ave. Brighton and 242 Cambridge ST. Winchester, MA 781-729-5900. 9M-6PM
- Rivers Edge Garden Center, 12 Auburn ST extension, Framingham, MA 01701. 508-872-9580.9am-6pm, Sat and Sun 8 am-6pm www.iloveriversedge.co
- Adobe - Lightroom and Photoshop
- Affinity Photo - Professional Editing Software
- Capture One - raw editing software
- Lumina - photo editing software for Mac with Windows version coming soon.
- Nik Software - collections of image enhancing plug-ins.
- Topaz - plug-ins for image editing