Welcome to the Gateway Camera Club
Our goals are to share ideas, knowledge, and insight;
to help improve the skills and abilities of our members; and to have
some fun while enjoying photography.
We recognize photography is changing, growing and with
ever-emerging technologies, more exciting than ever! Gateway was one
of the first local camera clubs to embrace digital photography and, as a
result, we have some very knowledgeable digital photographers. Many
award-winning members of Gateway Camera Club honed their talents and
abilities through the mentoring they found at Gateway.
Our club is very active and we meet on most Tuesdays from September to
June from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Want to compete, learn and share? Check
out our exciting schedule. Visitors and new members are always welcome.
Just stop in and introduce yourself. We hope you'll soon find an aspect
of Gateway that fits your interests. Please browse our website, learn
more about what we do, and enjoy. And remember, enthusiasm is catchy.
Come and catch some! Our Membership Information Page provides details on our club along with a link to our membership application.
The Slideshow to the right features ribbon winning images from our January Competition.
- Program Night - January 24th - Betty Wiley - "Creative Uses of Google's NIK Plug-ins" - Betty Wiley will be visiting us from Cape Cod where she will be demonstrating Google’s NIK plug-in suite including an overview of their software and how to navigate their interface with emphasis on her images from Cape Cod. As many of you may already know, Google recently began offering this powerful software for free.
- No Meeting - January 31st
- February Competition Deadline - February 5th at 11:59 PM
- Education Night - February 7th - Ed McGuirk - "Luminosity Masks"
- Competition Night - February 14th - Judge Mike Roman
Ongoing Events and Field Trips
Morse Institute Library (Natick) - Gateway Member Exhibit running through March 30th - Please come to the Morse Institute Library in Natick, MA to see some great local photography from members of the Gateway Camera Club. There is a diverse collection being displayed on the lower level in the Lebowitz Hall. Please sign the guestbook and let us know what you think of our exhibit. Take a 360 pano tour of the exhibit by clicking HERE.
Art of Photography SIG - February 6, 2017, March 6, 2017, April 3, 2017, May 1, 2017, June 12, 2017- more information on the GROUPS page
Lighting SIG Meeting - Saturday January 21, 2017 at 2:00PM - more information on the GROUPS page
Sponsored by Join Our Facebook Group
Copyright Notice: Copyright © Gateway Camera Club, Framingham, MA, 2016 -- All rights reserved. All included content copyright the original creator.